Hastelloy is a nickel-based corrosion-resistant alloy, which is mainly divided into nickel-chromium alloy and nickel-chromium-molybdenum alloy. Hastelloy has good corrosion resistance and thermal stability, and is used in aviation and chemical fields. Hastelloy is the general name for the commercial grades of nickel-based corrosion-resistant alloys produced by Hastelloy International.
Material Grade: Hastelloy C Hastelloy US grade: UNS N06455 German brand: W.Nr.2.4610
Hastelloy C is a high temperature, corrosion resistant alloy. The alloy contains a large amount of elements such as Cr and Mo and has a single-phase austenite structure. Excellent resistance to stress corrosion cracking and good resistance to local clothing. It has satisfactory corrosion resistance in many chemical process media, including strong etching of inorganic acid solution, chlorine gas and various media containing chloride, drying. Chlorine, formic acid and acetic acid, sea water and salt water.
Hastelloy C (2.4610) Hastelloy Overview: Hastelloy C (2.4610) alloy is a tungsten-containing nickel-chromium-molybdenum alloy with extremely low silicon and carbon content. Characteristics of Hastelloy C alloy:
1. Excellent corrosion resistance to most corrosive media in the oxidized and reduced state.
2, excellent resistance to pitting corrosion, crevice corrosion and stress corrosion cracking.
3, Hastelloy C Hastelloy grades and standards:
|Grades Standards||Material Grades||Technical Specifications|
Complete specifications, stock in stock
Strip, sheet (thick plate, medium plate, sheet, steel plate), bar (black bar, light bar, grinding bar, round bar, square bar, steel bar), pipe (capillary, seamless pipe, steel pipe), Forgings (flanges, elbows, bolts, nuts, tees), welding consumables (welding rods, welding wire, welded pipes), wire and other materials.
Hastelloy C (2.4610) alloy physical properties:
(1), Hastelloy C (2.4610) alloy density: ρ = 8.9g / cm3
(2), Hastelloy C (2.4610) alloy melting temperature range: 1325 ~ 1370 ° C
(3), Metalloy C (2.4610) alloy metallographic structure: Hastelloy C alloy is a face-centered cubic lattice structure, its chemical composition guarantees metallographic stability and anti-sensitization.
Hastelloy C (2.4610) alloy corrosion resistance:
The high molybdenum and chromium content makes Hastelloy C alloy resistant to attack by various chemical media, including reducing media such as phosphoric acid, hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid, chlorine, organic or inorganic chlorine-containing media. Due to its high nickel content, Hastelloy C is effective against stress corrosion cracking due to chlorine, even hot chloride solutions.
Chemical Composition Of Hastelloy C2000
Hastelloy C (2.4610) alloy processing and heat treatment:
1, Hastelloy C (2.4610) alloy processing characteristics:
(1), Hastelloy C alloy can be manufactured and processed by traditional production processes.
(2) Keep the workpiece clean and free of contamination before heat treatment and during heat treatment.
(3) The sensitivity of the alloy to sensitization when rapidly cooled between 1000 ° C and 600 ° C should be fully considered.
(4) In the heat treatment process, it should not be exposed to sulfur, phosphorus, lead and other low-melting metals, otherwise it will damage the performance of the alloy. Care should be taken to remove dirt such as marking paint, temperature indicating paint, colored crayons, lubricating oil and fuel.
(5) The lower the sulfur content in the fuel, the better, the sulfur content in natural gas should be less than 0.1%, and the sulfur content in heavy oil should be less than 0.5%.
(6) The furnace gas of the heating furnace is preferably neutral to slightly oxidizing, and the furnace gas should be prevented from fluctuating between oxidizing and reducing properties, and the heating flame cannot be directly burned to the workpiece.
2, Hastelloy C (2.4610) alloy heating:
(1) Keep the workpiece clean and free of contamination before heat treatment and during heat treatment.
(2), can not contact sulfur, phosphorus, lead and other low melting point metals during the heat treatment, otherwise Nicrofer 6616 hMo alloy will become brittle, should pay attention to remove such as marking paint, temperature indicator paint, color crayons, lubricants, fuel and other pollution Things. The lower the sulfur content in the fuel, the better, the sulfur content in natural gas should be less than 0.1%, and the sulfur content in heavy oil should be less than 0.5%. Electric furnace heating is a better choice because the electric furnace can precisely control the temperature and the furnace gas is clean. If the gas of the gas furnace is pure enough, you can also choose.
(3) The furnace gas of the heating furnace is preferably neutral to micro-reducing, and the furnace gas should be prevented from fluctuating between oxidizing and reducing properties, and the heating flame cannot be directly burned to the workpiece.
3, Hastelloy C (2.4610) alloy thermal processing:
(1) Hastelloy C has a hot working temperature range of 1200 ° C to 950 ° C, and the cooling method is water cooling or rapid air cooling.
(2) In order to ensure the best anti-corrosion performance, heat treatment should be carried out after hot working, and the workpiece should be directly added to the heat-treated furnace that has been heated.
4, Hastelloy C (2.4610) alloy cold processing:
(1), Hastelloy C has a higher work hardening rate than austenitic stainless steel, so it is necessary to select processing equipment. The workpiece should be in a solution heat treated state and should have an intermediate anneal during the cold rolling process.
(2) If the cold rolling deformation is greater than 15%, the workpiece needs to be subjected to secondary solution treatment.
5, Hastelloy C (2.4610) alloy heat treatment:
(1) The solution treatment temperature ranges from 1100 ° C to 1160 ° C.
(2), the cooling method is water quenching, and the material with thickness less than 1.5mm can also be used for rapid air cooling. If air cooling is used, it should be cooled from 1000 ° C to 600 ° C in 2 minutes.
(3) The workpiece must be kept clean during the heat treatment.
|Product Name||Alloy steel bar pipe plate wire coil|
|Production Process||Cold Drawn,Cold Rolled,Hot Rolled,Bright Anneal etc|
|Size||5.5-800mm(Hot rolled), 2-50mm(Cold drawn),110-500mm(Forged)|
|Standard||ASTM EN DIN GB ISO JIS|
|Pickling,Bright; No.1,2B,No.4,BA,8K Satin,Brush,Hairline,Mirror,Polished
180 grits,320 grits,400 grits,600 grits,800 grits polished
|Application||Constructions feilds and ship building industries Petroleum,Chemical industries,War and electiciy industries. Food processing and medical industries. Boiler heat cxchangers,Machinery and hardware feilds.|
Hastelloy C (2.4610) alloy descaling:
1. The surface oxide of Hastelloy C and the slag around the weld are more adherent than stainless steel. It is recommended to use fine-grained or fine-grained grinding wheels for sanding.
2. The oxide film must be broken by sandblasting or sanding before pickling with HNO3/HF mixed acid.
Hastelloy C (2.4610) alloy machining:
Due to the sensitivity to work hardening, it is advisable to use low cutting speeds and heavy feed knives for machining into the underlying surface that has been cold hardened.
1. Hastelloy C (2.4610) alloy welding:
(1) When welding nickel-based materials, the following procedures should be followed:
a. Workplace The work site should be separated separately or at a sufficient distance from the processing area of carbon steel. Keep it as clean as possible, with partitions and avoid ventilation between the two areas.
b. Work clothes and accessories should be worn with clean fine leather gloves and clean overalls.
c. Tools and machinery should have special tools for nickel-based alloys and nickel-chromium steel. Wire brushes should be made of stainless steel. Machines such as shears, punching machines, rolling mills, etc. should be covered with felt, cardboard or plastic paper. Iron carbon metal falls on the surface of the machine and causes the processed material to stick, causing corrosion.
(2), Hastelloy C (2.4610) alloy cleaning: the material to be welded should be in solution treatment state, remove oxide scale, oil stains and various marking marks, and use acetone to base metal and filler alloy (such as welding rod) in the welding area. Clean, be careful not to use trichloroethylene TRI, perchloroethylene PER and tetrachloride TETRA.
(3), Hastelloy C (2.4610) alloy edge preparation: it is best to use machining, such as car, milling, planing, can also be plasma cutting, if the latter, the cutting edge (welding surface) must be ground and flat, allow But the heat is fine.
(4), Hastelloy C (2.4610) alloy groove angle:
2. Compared with carbon steel, the physical properties of nickel-based alloys and special stainless steels are mainly:
low thermal conductivity and high expansion coefficient. These characteristics should be considered in the preparation of welding groove, including widening the bottom clearance. (1 ~ 3mm), due to the viscosity of the molten metal, a larger groove angle (60 ~ 70 °) should be used in the butt welding to offset the shrinkage of the material.
3, Hastelloy C (2.4610) alloy arcing: can not start the arc on the surface of the workpiece, should be arcing on the welding surface, in order to prevent corrosion caused by the arcing point.
4, Hastelloy C (2.4610) alloy welding process:
Hastelloy C is suitable for welding using any conventional welding process, such as tungsten electrode inert gas shielded welding, plasma arc welding, manual sub-arc welding, metal inert gas shielded welding, and molten inert gas shielded welding. HastelloyC welding consumables: ENiCrMo-13
5, Hastelloy C (2.4610) alloy welding parameters and impact (heat input):
welding operation should be carried out under the specified low heat input, the interlayer temperature does not exceed 120 ° C, and the use of narrow bead technology, pay attention to the correct choice of welding wire And the diameter of the electrode (please consult our welding laboratory). Based on these principles, the welding parameters can be controlled and the heat input per unit length shown in Table -8 can be obtained.
6, Hastelloy C (2.4610) alloy post-weld treatment (pickling and brushing oxide): If there is no special requirements or regulations, pickling is usually the last process in the welding, in general, pickling is done by a professional factory. If the quality of the workpiece is extremely high, after the welding, when the material is still at high temperature, the stainless steel brush should be used immediately to remove the oxide, which usually gives the desired surface condition and thoroughly removes the oxide.
Hastelloy C (2.4610) alloy application:
1. Application: Hastelloy C alloy has been widely used in the chemical and petrochemical fields, such as in the contact with chloride-containing organic components and catalytic systems. This material is especially suitable for use in high temperature, inorganic and organic acids (such as formic acid and acetic acid) and seawater corrosive environments. Other application areas:
(1), the pulp and paper industry, such as boiling and bleaching containers.
(2) Washing tower, reheater, wet steam fan, etc. in the FGD system.
(3) Equipment and components that operate in an acid gas environment.
(4) A reactor for acetic acid and acidic products.
(5), sulfuric acid condenser.
(6) Methylene diphenyl isocyanate (MDI).
(7) Production and processing of impure phosphoric acid.
2, the scope of application: Hastelloy C alloy has been widely used in most chemical fields and high temperature environments. Typical application areas:
(1), flue gas desulfurization system.
(2), pickling and acid regeneration plants.
(3) Production of acetic acid and agrochemicals.
(4) Production of titanium dioxide (chlorine method).
(5) Electrolytic plating.
Hastelloy C variety specifications and supply status:
1. Variety classification: Shanghai haosteel can produce various specifications of Hastelloy C seamless pipe, Hastelloy C steel plate, Hastelloy C round steel, Hastelloy C forging, Hastelloy C flange, Hastelloy C ring, Hastelloy C welded pipe, steel belt, Hastelloy C wire and matching welding consumables.
2, delivery status: seamless pipe: solid solution + acid white, length can be fixed; sheet: solid solution, pickling, trimming; welded pipe: solid solution acid white + RT% flaw detection, forgings: annealing + car light; The bar is in the state of forging, surface polishing or car light; the strip is cold-rolled, solid solution soft, and descaled; the wire is solid-dissolved and acid-washed, or straight, solid solution Light state delivery.